Friday, October 24, 2008

All A's


The kids just finished up their first quarter at school. Here they are in their lovely uniforms. It was crazy with the hurricane right in the middle of it. There are about 460+ students in their school and only 13 of them got all A’s. Mishonne, Logan, and Haley happened to be three of them. I am proud of them for being such good students. Logan had a low B on his progress report a month ago and so I went to talk to him about what was up with that. I told him it will turn into a C if he forgets to turn in homework or anything else. He said, “ Oh, don’t worry Mom. C’s are not that bad. They just mean average.” I am sure my eyes popped out of my head. I calmly replied with gritted teeth, “That is right Logan for most children. You are capable of much better. Besides you only get a dollar for the A’s, not the C’s.” I am not sure if it was the money or my wonderful prep talk but he obviously stepped it up and got an A. There was a Mom at the award ceremony that came up to me afterward and said that I should have gotten an award for raising such bright children. I did not have the heart to tell her that they are just wonderful kids and I only help them if they ask for it. I am a believer that having taught them to read at 3 and 4 years old was the key to help them learn to love learning and reading. I am blessed to have such wonderful kids.

3 comments:

Cherie' said...

Wow, that is really awesome, and you are right they are truly wonderful kids. But I will say it is a true reflection of the parents. You guys are great!

maryann said...

Mishonne, logan and haley i am so proud of you all and i cant wait to see you soon, love grandma and aliyah is so too cute

Jef said...

Wow!!! I must be truly blessed to have such wonderful nieces and nephews...Congratulations Mishonne, Logan and Haley. Miss you guys in Oregon!!!

Keep up the good work!!!