Thursday, August 7, 2008

Aliyah's Baby Blessing

We had Aliyah's baby blessing in Oregon with Loren's side of the family. My mom was able to come down though. It was a beautiful day and Aliyah looked like a little angel.

I was a proud Mommy holding my gift from God.


Aliyah is so adorable in the same blessing gown that Mishonne and Haley wore.








Baby Noah, our nephew who was born 2 days after Aliyah, was blessed also.








Here is Aliyah with both of her beautiful Grandmas, Maryann and Renee.
You can see from the photos that we had lots of family there to support usWe are extremely blessed to have such a wonderful family. Loren and I always say how glad we are to have inlaws on both sides that we actually like.
We head back to Louisiana tomorrow and will miss our family sorely. Maybe some day we will be able to move closer to the northwest so we can see them more often. We are just blessed to be able to come see them each summer for an extended period of time.

5 comments:

Kara DeWildt said...

Hmmmm....That painting in the background looks familiar. You must be LDS too. I actually wondered before I even saw the painting. Such a lovely family with lots of beautiful children! My husband and I have four beautiful babies, and still think that there may be one more spirit up there watching and waiting. Congratulations on your move to Oregon.
Just wanted to say "hello" from balmy but beautiful Michigan!

Kara DeWildt said...

Oh, I think that I forgot to mention, My oldest daughter's name is Aleah Lenore. Just thought that it was interesting to mention.(Lenore was my late grandmothers name)And I'm sure you know but,Aleah is supposed to mean exalted,and beautiful. Also, I met a Jewish man in the park one day. He stopped me when he heard me calling to her and told me that an Aleah in a very special prayer in the Hebrew language. But don't quote me on that. Congrats on your beautiful baby! And for having five children you look fantastic by the way. Yeah, I'm jealous.

The Barado Family said...

What pictures of your family!
Looks like you had a great day for Aliyah's blessing day. She's beauitful!
I am glad your summer is going so good.

Sally said...

Wow - it is so nice to see pictures of you all - your family has grown so much. I can't believe how Mishonne has grown - she was so little when you left here. It looks like you had a wonderful time in Oregon, what fun. Congratulations on Aliyah - she's beautiful.
Sally from Newark Ward

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

hey, i just saw you posted on karen's blog...send me an email and I'll invite you to my family blog....congrats on baby #5! i can't believe your oldest is in braces!
kristenduke AT gmail DOT come