Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

What a wonderful day. I love Mother's Day, not only to be showered with attention but to reflect on the mothers that have been a big part of my life.
Mishonne got asked to play a difficult piano piece for the Youth Choir at church. At first it was slow learning the piece because it was above what she had played in the past. Then the last few weeks she has had some one on one piano lesson time with a good friend of ours from church to learn the song. She has practiced her heart out and did a fabulous job today. There are three vocal parts which made it the more difficult to play and she did great. The awesome thing is that her friend Kelsie that has been coming to mutual on Wednesdays brought her family to church today so she could sing in the choir. Mishonne's non-member piano teacher also came to hear her play. Grandma Hilton also came with her daughter Erica. What a neat day.



Loren said I needed to title this one "the Devil in Disguise." I guess it is because she dumped her food all over the floor tonight and screamed when no one would get her "More"

Me and the Love of my Life

Grandma Hilton and her daughter Erica

Mishonne and her friend Kelsie

Grandma Hilton with the kids





glad to see I am still a bit taller

Yeah! Mishonne did it.

2 comments:

AmyB said...

What a sweet post. I am so very very proud of her. I know I pushed her into it but I am glad I did now. So proud of you Mishonne!!!!!!!! Also it was neat to see all the people that came to watch her. I know she feels like a million pound weight was lifted off of her shoulders!

Marianna said...

Wow, great job Mishonne, this is Marianna van Brederode and I just started a blog to and sister Marks I would like your email so that I could invite you to join my blog.
Thanks,
MVB